- FROM THE FIELD: Weather reports come to aid of Uganda’s farmers July 24, 2018Farmers in Uganda are keeping their crop yields high, thanks to improved weather data supplied by the UN Development Programme (UNDP)-backed push to modernize climate monitoring systems. The post FROM THE FIELD: Weather reports come to aid of Uganda’s farmers appeared first on United Nations Sustainable Development.dpicampaigns
- Scale and speed needed to make water, sanitation and hygiene a reality for all July 20, 2018By Paul Polman,CEO of Unilever, vice-chair of the UN Global Compact In 2015, 6.6 billion people (over 90 per cent of the world’s population) used improved drinking water sources and 4.9 billion people used improved sanitation facilities.Progress towards Sustainable Development Goal 6 (SDG 6), ‘clean water and sanitation’ for all is being made. However, thi […]martinsamaan
- Multilateral trade challenged by ‘increasingly unilateral trade measures,’ UN forum hears July 19, 2018Despite the improved economic growth, risks to the economic outlook are rising, the United Nations economic and social affairs chief said on Thursday, warning against “increasingly unilateral trade measures” that are challenging the multilateral trading system. The post Multilateral trade challenged by ‘increasingly unilateral trade measures,’ UN forum hears […]dpicampaigns
Unable to display feed at this time.
- Midwest Green Fleets Forum and Expo September 24, 2018Join more than 300 transportation professionals and other like-minded fans at the largest event of its kind in the region. Attend the pre-conference training session followed by two days of plenary speakers and breakout sessions on vehicle electrification, smart mobility, and advanced fuels and vehicle technologies. Learn winning strategies from leading indu […]
- Sustainable Fleet Technology Conference & Expo August 22, 2018The Sustainable Fleet Technology Conference & Expo showcases the latest and greatest in advanced vehicles, fuels, and technologies including data driven solutions. This conference is a source of on-the-ground experience to increase fleet efficiency and sustainability, while reducing emissions and costs. Come learn from your peers, and experts. Discover t […]
Unable to display feed at this time.
- Guest Article: Tackling Climate Change Through Sustainable Investment: All in a Treaty? August 16, 2018To accelerate the shift away from unsustainable investments to Paris/SDG-compatible investments, The Creative Disrupters—a team of international lawyers, economists, policy advisers and communications experts —proposes the 'Treaty on Sustainable Investment for Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation'. The Treaty, which is one of the winners of the […]IISD's SDG Knowledge Hub
- Guest Article: Political Challenges in Monitoring SDG 6 August 16, 2018Seeing freshwater quality in a broader context is no doubt important, but what we often forget is that implementing this broader view comes along with significant measurement challenges. At the forefront of these challenges is the difficulty of identifying relevant data and information needs in view of multiple goals, meeting these data and information needs […]IISD's SDG Knowledge Hub
- India Presents the First Bonn Challenge Country Progress Report August 16, 2018Despite the limited data on private sector and NGO restoration efforts, the report emphasizes the vital role that all stakeholders play in the planning and implementation of restoration programmes. At the first Bonn Challenge roundtable in Asia, held in May 2017, restoration pledges for the region crossed the 150 million hectare milestone.IISD's SDG Knowledge Hub
- Travel and Tourism Body, English Football Club Join Climate Neutral Now Initiative August 16, 2018The World Travel and Tourism Council aims to reduce total travel and tourism carbon emissions by 50% by 2035. The Forest Green Rovers became the world’s first football club to join the Climate Neutral Now initiative, pledging to measure, reduce and offset emissions during their upcoming season. The Climate Neutral Now initiative encourages companies, organiz […]IISD's SDG Knowledge Hub
- UNDP and Energy Company Repsol Collaborate to Promote SDGs August 16, 2018The collaboration will focus on, among other things, sharing knowledge and experiences regarding the ways in which extractive industries can support achievement of the SDGs. It will initially take place over two years.IISD's SDG Knowledge Hub