- Milestone Fashion Industry Charter for Climate Action Launched December 11, 2018The global fashion sector on Monday (10 Dec) significantly increased momentum to address climate change by launching the Fashion Industry Charter for Climate Action. Under the auspices of UN Climate Change, leading fashion brands, retailers, supplier organizations, and others, including a major shipping company, have agreed to collectively address the climat […]Runa A
- ‘Going green’ is good business says private sector at UN’s COP24 climate conference December 11, 2018Businesses across the world should no longer be viewed solely as greenhouse gas emissions culprits, but more as indispensable partners for climate action, who stand to increase profits from “going green”. That was the key message as the United Nations COP24 climate change conference went into its second week in Katowice, Poland. Read Full Story [...] The pos […]dpicampaigns
- Businesses Take Action on the SDGs – Documentary Series December 10, 2018Businesses around the world are exploring how they can advance the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), from putting in place sustainable practices to contributing to a better world as envisaged in the 2030 Agenda. The post Businesses Take Action on the SDGs – Documentary Series appeared first on United Nations Sustainable Development.Martin
Unable to display feed at this time.
- Green Transportation Summit & Expo May 21, 2019The Green Transportation Summit & Expo (GTSE) is the region's premier fleet modernization and alternative fuels event. GTSE events offer information-packed sessions, prominent national and regional speakers, and the latest technologies from industry leaders.
- The Work Truck Show / GreenTruck Summit March 5, 2019The Work Truck Show® is your once-a-year chance to see all of the newest industry products, choose from dozens of industry-focused training courses, and gain access to technical engineering representatives from hundreds of exhibiting companies. Attendees can interact with thousands of industry professionals, set up meetings with current suppliers or customer […]
- 2019 Biodiesel Conference & Expo January 21, 2019The 2019 National Biodiesel Conference & Expo will be back in San Diego this year. This is an opportunity for networking with biodiesel decision makers from around the world and to get an insider’s look at what the industry has in store for 2019.
Unable to display feed at this time.
- Guest Article: German Government Follows Up on Peers‘ Recommendations December 11, 2018The recent update by the German Government of its national sustainable development strategy reflects the embeddedness of an international peer review in the national cycle of designing, implementing, monitoring and reviewing of the strategy. The update identifies, among other elements, three major national challenges: strengthening social cohesion (LNOB), cl […]IISD's SDG Knowledge Hub
- Policy Brief: SDG Knowledge Weekly: Connecting Climate Change to Food Security, Sustainability and Nutrition December 11, 2018Climate Chance launched the first report of the Global Observatory of Non-State Climate Action, while the Global Carbon Project released its ‘Carbon Budget 2018’ report. Devex, the International Food Policy Research Institute, Food and Agriculture Organization of the UN, and European Commission explore food and agriculture issues in light of climate impacts; […]IISD's SDG Knowledge Hub
- UN Member States Adopt Migration Compact, Prepare to Implement 23 Objectives December 11, 2018The global compact on migration - which will be known as the Marrakech Compact on Migration - was adopted at an intergovernmental conference in Morocco by 164 UN Member States. The compact includes 23 objectives and a set of possible actions for each one, from which governments can draw in responding to the issue. The UN also launched the Migration Network t […]IISD's SDG Knowledge Hub
- DESA Assesses National Progress on SDG 7 through 2018 VNRs December 11, 2018A review of VNRs presented in 2018 notes that 61 per cent of the VNRs mention interlinkages between energy and other SDGs, such as transport and gender, but a majority of the reviews do not elaborate on the connection between SDG 7 objectives and nationally determined contributions (NDCs) under the Paris Agreement on climate change. It also indicates that am […]IISD's SDG Knowledge Hub
- UNDP Report Calls for Adaptation Action in Eastern Europe, Central Asia to Prevent Reversal of Development Gains December 11, 2018The report explores lessons learned from UNDP-supported climate change adaptation efforts in the region over the last decade. It shows that climate impacts are already being felt across the region, including floods and droughts in the Western Balkans and south Caucasus, rising sea levels in the Black Sea and receding glaciers in Central Asia. Turkmenistan es […]IISD's SDG Knowledge Hub