- Countries embrace efforts to achieve SDGs amid mounting global challenges: UN Report June 20, 2018A fast-changing climate, conflict, inequality, persistent pockets of poverty and hunger and rapid urbanization are challenging countries’ efforts to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), according to a UN report launched in New York today. The post Countries embrace efforts to achieve SDGs amid mounting global challenges: UN Report appeared first […]martinsamaan
- Deputy Secretary-General and H.M. Queen Mathilde Discuss the Spotlight Initiative June 18, 2018Deputy-Secretary-General Amina Mohammed and SDG Advocate, Her Majesty Queen Mathilde of the Belgians, gave a joint interview on the Spotlight Initiative at the European Development Days (EDD) in Belgium. The Spotlight Initiative is a partnership led by European Union (EU) and the United Nations (UN) focused on eliminating all forms of violence against women […]Vesna Blazhevska
- Press briefing on the Sustainable Development Goals Report 2018 – 20 June, New York June 18, 2018More people are living better lives than they were a decade ago, according to the Sustainable Development Goals Report 2018. However, for too many, progress has been elusive and far more efforts are needed as countries face a daunting array of global challenges: fast changing climate, conflict, inequality, persistent pockets of poverty and hunger and […]Vesna Blazhevska
Unable to display feed at this time.
- Sustainable Fleet Technology Conference & Expo August 22, 2018The Sustainable Fleet Technology Conference & Expo showcases the latest and greatest in advanced vehicles, fuels, and technologies including data driven solutions. This conference is a source of on-the-ground experience to increase fleet efficiency and sustainability, while reducing emissions and costs. Come learn from your peers, and experts. Discover t […]
- Heavy-Duty Vehicle Emissions Calculator June 25, 2018The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Vehicle Technologies Office's (VTO's) Technology Integration Program will host a webinar on a new online tool the Heavy-Duty Vehicle Emissions Calculator, developed by Argonne National Laboratory, powered with data from GREET, AFLEET, and EPA-MOVES. Andrew Burnham from Argonne Laboratory will walk attendees throu […]
Unable to display feed at this time.
- Event: International Day of Peace 2018 June 22, 2018The International Day of Peace is observed each year on 21 September. The UN General Assembly has declared this as a day devoted to strengthening the ideals of peace, both within and among all nations and peoples. The theme for the 2018 Day is 'The Right to Peace - The Universal Declaration of Human Rights at 70,' celebrating the 70th anniversary o […]IISD's SDG Knowledge Hub
- Event: Inter-regional Expert Group Meeting: Placing Equality at the Centre of the 2030 Agenda June 22, 2018This Inter-regional Expert Group Meeting marks the closing of the 9th Tranche UN Development Account project titled, 'Promoting Equality: Strengthening the Capacity of Select Developing Countries to Design and Implement Equality-oriented Public Policies and Programmes'. The project aims to raise awareness of the different dimensions of inequality, […]IISD's SDG Knowledge Hub
- Event: Transition from Relief to Development: Advancing the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development in Crisis Contexts June 22, 2018The UN Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) is organizing an informal panel discussion to address the transition from relief to development, as a joint event of the Council's Operational Activities and Humanitarian Affairs Segments.IISD's SDG Knowledge Hub
- Event: Expert Group Meeting on Navigating Policy and Data to Leave No One Behind June 22, 2018The UN Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) will hold this meeting for statisticians and national SDG focal points to propose recommendations for the upcoming high-level sixth session of the ESCAP's Committee on Statistics. The Committee requested that its 6th session be held as a high-level session in order to galvanize whole […]IISD's SDG Knowledge Hub
- Event: 22nd World Hydrogen Energy Conference June 22, 2018The 22nd World Hydrogen Energy Conference (WHEC 2018) will bring together researchers and stakeholders to discuss the most promising technologies for clean and sustainable hydrogen energy production. Themed ‘Power and Biomass to Hydrogen,’ and organized with support from Brazil’s Ministry Science, Technology, Innovation and Communication, the International A […]IISD's SDG Knowledge Hub